Thursday, January 03, 2008
Celebration
This year it was just that - a great family celebration. And Mother Nature did her thing and gave us a White Christmas and then on New Years in the early morning it began snowing and snowed for several hours dumping another five or six inches on top of the Dec 30th storm which gave us almost a foot. It was time to play and play we did. It was the first time I can remember that we had our entire immediate family together (all eleven of us counting our five kids, three grand kids, one daughter in law and us) at our house just hanging out in a snowstorm. Late in the afternoon we all went outside with sleds and snowshoes and Josh with his camera. We had a blast. The finale was Chris using his truck to tow Jack on his snowboard and use some of the bigger snowbanks for jumps. I guess I must be getting used to Jack being Jack as I really wasn't too worried for his safety despite how crazy it might have appeared. I guess New Year's Day was the highlight for me. Funny that. I kind of resist celebrating New Years - it is after all only another day on the calendar. But to my surprise it ended up being the best part of the whole holiday week. As I get older, I more and more want to spend fun and quality time with my immediate family. I often feel there isn't enough of it and it gets gobbled up with other commitments at holiday time. But this year on New Year's Day it all came together unexpectedly and could not have been better. I put together a slide show here on the blog with some of the highlights of our New Year's Day as well as a few pre Christmas and Christmas pics as well. I hope that you and your family enjoyed your celebrations wherever you were and whatever you did. Happy happy New Year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey mate! Great pictures and commentary. Thanks!
- Walter
Post a Comment